Sunday, October 29, 2006

Time's winged chariot

Well, it's official. The glooms have glommed on to my brain. Lack of sleep has a lot to do with it. But every year around this time unhappiness is a guest. Those pipe dreams of a perfect life seem so far removed from my own existence. It would be grand to have a wonderful boyfriend, even a fling would be good. But it's not likely. Ah me!

On the up side, I'm going out for a lovely meal on Wednesday (Lorenza's on Crwys Road) and on Friday it's retreat time. Off to St. Non's, which is near St David's in Pembrokeshire. It's a lovely retreat centre, an old convent still run by nuns, Irish of course. They give everyone a hug when they arrive! Very different from my earlier view of nuns as stern. And tonight Curb Your Enthusiasm is on, such a funny show and so well-crafted. Pretty pretty pretty pretty good!

No comments: