Thursday, October 26, 2006

Back pain is a pain in the back

What a day I had today! Evil back pain when wandering around in the night, and a fearsome struggle to get out of bed in the morning. But that pain, in a way, was a blessing. Or rather, the ousting of ouch is a blessing. After much gritting of teeth and peculiar walks along the landing, the agony abated somewhat. Not forgetting the sterling efforts of the inanimate gym ball, a fruit smoothie and Indiscreet with Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman. But most of all, my mother Isobel deserves a cheer, for being herself and for bringing me some yummy food.

This story is a way of welcoming you to my life. Hello, how are you? Take a look at my profile. This blog is a work in progress, much like myself. A journey without a fixed destination. Reader, I am going to my bed of no pain. And chuckling at the silliness of it all. Silly is a state of grace, the loss of ego leads to childlike freedom. Huzzah!

No comments: